Saturday, July 25, 2009

To the beach? To the beach!

The last time we went to the beach, my daughter was on her boogie board until she could no longer stand, and my son wanted nothing to do with the water or sand, preferring instead to chase the seagulls. This left me in the in-between position of trying to keep an eye on my daughter in the potentially lethal ocean and watching my son run after birds who would leap into the air and seemingly disappear. That was two years ago. I'm interested to see how it will be different this time. They are both two years older and my daughter may be more worried about her hair getting wet (almost 12) while my son may find the water irresistable (3). I honestly don't care who wants to do what. We will be spending time on the beach. We will be together. We will be making memories. Whatever we do, it will be the only summer of 2009 so we'll make the best of it. I'll tell ya how it turns out, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment